Global Tours Connect Announces Launch on Tourpreneur Podcast
What a week! On Monday, Shane Whaley of Tourpreneur was the first media outlet to share our exciting news. After weeks of behind-the-scenes work, hundreds of emails, texts, video conferences, and calls, the dream of an online tour marketplace created by tour operators for tour operators has come to fruition.
It is only natural that Shane shared our story first. He is a strong voice in the tours and activities community, and we knew he would ask the hard questions that you, our fellow tour operators, would be asking.
The Tourpreneur Interview
During our interview, Shane speaks with Global Tours Connect co-founders and co-CEOs Lauren McCabe Herpich and Midgi Moore along with Sabine Whitney of FareHarbor during the nearly 40-minute interview. We answer the following questions throughout the Tourpreneur conversation:
- What exactly is Global Tours Connect?
- How did FareHarbor connect with Lauren & Midgi?
- How Global Tours Connect benefits tour operators?
- Why anyone would NOT want to join Global Tours Connect? (yeah, we can’t see a reason either.)
- What is the FareHarbor Distribution Network?
- Will tour operators not on FareHarbor and outside the United States be able to join?
- What Shane now wants to eat after being on the website?
In case you missed the Tourpreneur podcast, listen to the full interview here:
The Tourpreneur Effect
Since being featured on Tourpreneur, we’ve had dozens of inquiries from tour operators all over the world to join us. Thank you! We are excited to build this marketplace with the tour operators’ needs in mind, while keeping it user friendly for guests to book our tours.
As we go into the upcoming weeks, tour operators who have completed the interest form will receive notices requesting info, confirming your registration, and ways in which you can help our industry – and each other- one another grow and succeed. If you haven’t signed up, just go to our Join Us page.
It all started with a podcast … and we are eager to see where we all go.
Thank you for a great week!
Lauren & Midgi